In the past few months, the Liberals have led the way for the elimination of accountability measures such as:
- Curtailing the power of the Public Accounts Committee.
- Restricting empowerment of the Information and Privacy Commissioner.
- Shutting down the Freedom of Information website.
There has also been the centralization of power in Halifax of many departments which further reduces public input and involvement in these government departments.
Transparency and accountability are the backbone to a true democracy, yet the Liberals seem intent on power and secrecy.
The Atlantica Party will not idly stand by and allow this to happen. That’s why the key foundations of our party are built upon are:
- Recall legislation to hold MLAs accountable to the people.
- Recorded voting in the legislature so you know where your MLA stands on issues important to you and your family.
- Empowering both the Information & Privacy Commissioner and Auditor General to hold everyone in government to account.
- Restoring the power back to the Public Accounts Committee.
Does this sound like something that you agree with? Come join our fight to reform politics in Nova Scotia!