The Atlantica Party will reform Nova Scotia MLA salaries and benefits.
The public needs to be involved in reviewing the salary and expense regime of their representatives. When one becomes a public servant paid from the public purse, one must accept a fair and public element to remuneration and benefits.
The Atlantica Party's mission of a smaller, transparent, and accountable government means our representatives need to set an example of lower costs and less waste. Therefore, an Atlantica Party government will:
- Have an independent citizen panel;
- review and set MLA salaries,
- tie salary increases to reasonable indicators of the provincial economic performance such as wealth creation per capita and
- decide if MLAs can keep items purchased with the household allowance, among other things.
- Ensure MLAs who have committed a crime related to their office be stripped of their pension privileges.
- End the 'show up for work' bonus and make all political expenses receipt-able and disclosed online as part of a more significant transparency movement in government.
Compensation reform is part of the Atlantica Party's more comprehensive reform of MLA pensions, salaries and benefits.
View the Atlantica Party's complete Platform here:
All party releases will be posted under:
If you wish to donate:
Join our Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter feeds:
The Atlantica Party was established in 2006 to promote a political revolution in Nova Scotia to fix our broken political system and empower the voter. It is the only political alternative committed to making Nova Scotia a "have" province.